Mumbai: It will be a magical cinematic experience at the India Today Conclave as Bollywood legends Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan engage in a never-before conversation at the most-awaited event of the year. The two-day event will also see talented actresses Anushka Sharma, Alia Bhatt, and KalkiKoechlin, show us their depth and range. Karan Johar, director, producer, TV show host, author, will be on the other side of the coffee table for a change, being quizzed, not quizzing.
The Conclave will also touch upon the crucial topic of racial discrimination as actor, designer, WarisAhluwalia, sheds light on living in Donald Trump’s America. With a short movie, ‘Dear America’, he also makes a powerful statement against bigotry and xenophobia.
The Conclave will also witness the worldwide premiere of short films bySudhir Mishra, Nandita Das, Tigmanshu Dhulia and Ram Madhvani.
That’s not all. In keeping with the theme of The Great Disruption, the Conclave will premiere a VR film produced by Anand Gandhi and directed by SooniTaraporewala, celebrating the spirit of Mumbai.
India Today Conclave is a unique platform where the sharpest minds from across the globe converge to discuss and debate ideas and issues. Taking a break from previous years, the India Today Group’s signature event will be held in Mumbai for the first time on March 17 and March 18. The Great Disruption, the theme of the India Today Conclave this year, will feature ground-breaking ideas, innovative experiences and thought-provoking debates.
There will be two days of talking, listening, thinking, doing and experiencing. From former President of the French Republic (2007 -2012) Nicolas Sarkozy to President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, to titans of the corporate world, the list of speakers this year is bigger and bolder, heralding a wave of change.
As Conclave Director KalliPurie describes it, “This edition of the India Today Conclave is a progressive and directional platform that aims to contribute in rebuilding the disrupted social order. This specially designed multi-sensory experience, spread across two days will be a great opportunity to listen to some of the sharpest minds across the world, get inspired and take some meaningful memories back home. We believe that significant conversations are the way to generate solutions and the Conclave promotes just that. From mobile movie premieres, spell-binding stage performances, curated experiences and gourmet delights – there’s lots that one can enjoy at the Conclave, apart from a powerful thought flow.”
Come to India’s busiest two days at the India Today Conclave 2017 with the world’s best sharing one stage:
- Abhinav Bindra, Olympic Champion
- Adi Godrej, Chairman, Godrej Group
- Alia Bhatt, Actor
- Amitabh Bachchan, Actor
- Amitabh Kant, CEO, NitiAayog
- Anand Mahindra, Chairman & Managing Director, Mahindra Group
- Ananya Birla, Founder, Svatantra Microfinance
- AnuragKashyap, Writer and Director
- Anushka Sharma, Actor
- ArghyaSengupta, Research Director at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
- AsaduddinOwaisi, MP
- Abdul Basit, High Commissioner of Pakistan to India
- ChetanBhagat, Author
- Deepa Malik, Paralympic Athlete
- Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC Bank
- DevendraFadnavis, Chief Minister, Maharashtra
- DharmendraPradhan, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Dipankar Gupta, Sociologist
- ElHadjAsSy, General Secretary of International Red Cross
- Harish Salve, Lawyer
- KalkiKoechlin, Actor
- KapilSibal, Lawyer, MP
- KirenRijiju, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs
- Leela Samson, Bharatanatyam Dancer
- Liz Mohn, Vice-Chairwoman, Bertelsmann Stiftung, Germany
- M. Venkaiah Naidu, Union Minister for Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation
- ManasiKirloskar, Executive Director, Kirloskar Systems
- MukeshAmbani, Chairman & Managing Director, Reliance Industries
- Nicolas Sarkozy, President of the French Republic (2007-2012)
- P. Chidambaram, Former Union Minister for Finance
- Pico Iyer, Author
- PiyushGoyal, Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines
- Pranab Mukherjee, President of India
- Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Law, Justice and IT
- RohanMurty, Founder, Murty Classical Library of India
- SabihaSumar, Filmmaker
- Sajad Lone, Minister, Jammu and Kashmir Government
- Shah Rukh Khan, Actor
- ShashwatGoenka, Sector Head, Spencer’s Retail Ltd.
- ShivrajChouhan, Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh
- SukhadeoThorat, Chairman, ICSSR
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Founder & CEO, Paytm
- WarisAhluwalia, Designer, Actor