A panel of senior industry figures make up the jury for the Best Use of Brand Purpose category of The Warc Awards, a new global competition in search for next-generation marketing effectiveness.
The Best Use of Brand Purpose category, for marketing initiatives that have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community, will be chaired by Jim Stengel, President/CEO of The Jim Stengel Company and the former Global Marketing Officer at Procter & Gamble. He is the author of The Stengel 50 study, which showed how the highest-performing businesses are the ones driven by brand ideals.
Joining him on the jury are:
- Leila Fataar, Head of Culture & Entertainment, Diageo Europe
- Maria Garrido, Chief Insights & Analytics Officer, Havas Media Group
- Laurence Green, founding partner, 101
- Tom Knox, Chairman, MullenLowe London
- Andy Last, co-founder, Salt Communications
- Susan Machtiger, President, Brand & Marketing Strategy, OgilvyRED
- Rajat Mendhi, EVP/Planning, BBDO Mumbai
- Leslie Pascaud, EVP/ Purpose Branding and Innovation, Kantar Added Value
- Thomas Kolster, Author, Goodvertising
- Freya Williams, CEO, Futerra North America
- Jonathan Wise, co-founder, The Comms Lab
The Best Use of Brand Purpose, one of The Warc Awards’ three categories, looks for evidence that brands are integrating purpose into their marketing and their wider enterprise to produce a tangible return, rather than investing in bolt-on CSR programmes.
There is a $7,000 prize for the Grand Prix winner, as well as $1,000 prize for each of the three special awards in this category: the Longevity Award, for the best purpose-led strategy with a long-term sustainability commitment of three years or more; the Analytics Award, for use of data to demonstrate effectiveness of a brand purpose-led strategy; and the Partnership Award, for the best purpose-led strategy that relies on a collaboration.
The Warc Awards are free to enter and are open to submissions from any country and communications discipline. The closing date for entries is 20 April 2017.