Mumbai: Big FM, India’s largest and No.1 radio network continues to be the most awarded network in the radio industry as it bagged two silver awards and seven finalist certificates, at the coveted New York Festival’s International Radio Program Awards 2017. The prestigious platform that honors radio programs and promotions, felicitated the best of RJs, interesting and distinctive radio shows and properties across the globe. Big FM surged the charge in India with a tally of 9 finalists across categories.
“Our strategy of conceptualising the shows and intellectual properties in tune with the promise of ‘SunoSunao Life Banao’ has made us standout from the clutter. This strengthens our belief and motivates us further to carry forward the ideology of providing content that is original and concepts that evolve with time. We are honoured to be the most awarded radio station with our big wins at this year’s IRF, ABBYs, Golden Mikes and ACEF awards in addition to the 2 Silver and 7 finalist certificates at the NYF awards”, said the spokesperson of 92.7 Big FM while commenting on the winning labels.
Big FM over the years has sustained its positioning as the leading radio network through its original content based shows and innovative properties. The brand has been felicitated with a Silver award under the category ‘Program ID’ for ‘Monsoon Song’, a fun and engaging jingle for a show. It won another silver for ‘Ganesha’, the longest running property that promotes the use of eco-friendly Ganesh idols during the festivities; in the category ‘Station ID’. The radio network secured 7 finalist certificates for the following properties:
- Best Announcer Presentation – ‘Suhaana Safar with Annu Kapoor’, radio network’snational and award-winning show that also sweeped the Best Programme title at IRF 2017
- Best Music Special – ‘Benadryl BIG Golden Voice’ Season 4, one of the most successful running on-air properties that also wona gold at ACEF 2017
- Best Radio Personality: Network/Syndicated – ‘Lamhe with Mantra’
- Best Radio Personality – ‘RJ Siddharth’, the most heard and award-winning RJ
- Climate Change and Sustainability – ‘PaaniPohochao’
- Best Comedy Special – ‘Actor calling Actor’
- ‘Jagmag Diwali’, Diwali special jingle
Big FM, the only Asian radio network with 2 Silver honors at the New York Festival awards 2017, has added to its winning streak of this year’s 13 Gold at IRF, 5 awards at Golden Mikes, 6 at ACEF and 9 at the Abby awards.