Campaigns for Audi, Deutsche Telekom, eBay, Guinness, Microsoft, Pantene and Reebok, are among the 19 campaigns From around the world that have been shortlisted for the WARC Awards’ Effective Use of Brand Purpose category – a search for marketing initiatives that have successfully embraced a brand purpose and achieved commercial success as well as a benefit for a wider community.
The shortlist announced by WARC Awards 2018 for Effective Use of Brand Purpose has featured three campaigns From India, in which two of them are From McCann Worldgroup India for Reebook and Paytm and one From Triton Communication for Eureka Forbes has also featured in the shortlist.
The panel of 17 brand purpose judges chaired by Claudia Willvonseder, Chief Marketing Officer, IKEA, has selected for the shortlist three Global, three US and three Indian campaigns as well as campaigns From Australia, Brazil, Indonesia, Israel, Mexico, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Irish Republic and United Kingdom.
The shortlisted entries are:
- Girls Do(n’t) Fight · Reebok · McCann Worldgroup India · India
- Helping India cope with the death of cash · Paytm · One97 Communications·McCann Worldgroup India · India
- Rescue Rashie · Westpac · Westpac Banking Corporation Australia · Saatchi & Saatchi · Australia
- The Vaseline Healing Project · Vaseline · Unilever · BBH New York · United States
- Sea Hero Quest · Deutsche Telekom · Saatchi & Saatchi London · Global
- Beautiful Lengths · Pantene ·Procter & Gamble · MediaCom Connections Israel · Israel
- #MakeWhatsNext in STEM · Microsoft · m:united//McCann · Global
- The doll that chose to drive · Audi Spain · Volkswagen Group EspañaDistribución · Proximity Barcelona · Spain
- Lifehackers · Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología (UTEC) · Copiloto · Peru
- An ocean of good · Aquaguard · Eureka Forbes ·Triton Communications · India
- A beacon of light in the dark · Guinness · Diageo · AMVBBDO · Irish Republic, United Kingdom
- This is what happens when pimps and whores become marketers · Libresse/Bodyform· Essity · AMVBBDO · Global
- Doritos Mystery: Challenging a generation ·Doritos · PepsiCo · AlmapBBDO · Brazil
- Real People Make a Real Difference · eBay ·Interfuse Communications · United Kingdom, United States
- Cook with Her · Puck · Arla Foods · FP7/DXB · Saudi Arabia
- People with Determination · Emirates NBD ·FP7/DXB · United Arab Emirates
- Touch · Johnson’s Baby · Johnson & Johnson Indonesia · BBDO Indonesia · Indonesia
- The El Paso Story · Prudential Financial · United States
- Gender Violence · Tecate · Heineken · Nómades · Mexico
To see the shortlisted case studies in the Effective Use of Brand Purpose, please view here.
With judging ongoing, the shortlisted papers in theEffective Innovation category are already released. The Effective Content Strategy andEffective Social Strategyshortlists will be announced shortly.
The annual WARC Awards scheme is a global search for next-generation marketing effectiveness. It is free to enter and there is a $40,000 prize fund for the winning papers spread across the four categories, each one with its own high calibre judging panel and set of Special Awards.