Mumbai: Rin along with Lokmat newspaper culminated the water conservation movement called Jalsamrudh Maharashtra with #RinLokmatWaterSummit. Jalsamrudh Maharashtra was a joint initiative to drive water conservation across Maharashtra. The objective of the initiative was to create awareness amongst masses on water conservation and improving literacy towards the perspective of sustainable living. It was supported by Water Resource Department, Government of Maharashtra & Knowledge Partner H2Life.
The summit consisted of three sessions with speakers from all around the industry jointly pledged towards discussing Maharashtra’s Innovative Approaches to Water Management and Conservation, Clean and Safe Drinking Water: A Must for a Healthy Population, Finding Practical Solutions to Meet the Water Challenges.
Talking about the occasion, Mr. Rajendra Singh, Water Man of India, Chairman Tarun Bharat Sangh, said, “I believe, if the society connects and understands the importance of water, only then we would be able to bring about that noticeable change for our society. Luckily, Maharashtra is the first state that’s blessed with various sources of water; we need to continue doing every bit of it in future also. I urge Lokmat to keep this legacy going which will eventually help to educate people about the concerns of water conservation.”
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Girish Mahajan, Minister for Water Resources and Medical education, Government of Maharashtra, said, “Maharashtra is currently facing an unfortunate draught situation which needs to be primarily tackled. We want to take forth Mr. Modi’s initiative, per drop, more cropsby providing quality water distribution system across Maharashtra. We are working towards making Maharashtra drought free by 2019 and ensuring every farmer gets water supply by helping implement the most advanced technologies and overcoming the old-fashioned techniques.”
Mr. Sanjiv Mehta, CEO and Managing Director, Hindustan Unilever Limited, said, “Hindustan Unilever has a clear purpose – making sustainable living commonplace. Our purpose inspires our vision – to accelerate growth in our business, while reducing our environmental footprint. Partnerships with like-minded stakeholders like Lokmat make a difference, and we hope this Water Summit is the start of journey.
Focusing on the other side of this initiative, they also awarded individuals who’ve contributed to the society in their own ways – Water Crusaders of Jalsamruddh. The winners include:
- Vijay Kumar Honmute- Water Saving Initiative through public participation from Solapur
- Rahul Jivani- Work in Water Conservation from Yawavatmal,
- Priyadarshan Bhatewara- Water Harvesting more the 1lakh liters of water every monsoon from Nashik, Ahmednanagr pound built in the village- Tanker free village from Naigaon- Amalnagar
- Jaldhoot Mr. Anil Chougule- Avoid water wastage, reuse water, use water wisely – awareness programs
- Hemant Patil- Invested his own money and saved 15 crore liters from Jalgoan, Mr, Bapu Koli
- Suresh Kharawan- Water Conservation from Washim
- Ankush Padwale- Defeted water scarcity by building3 pond of 1 crore liters each from Solapur
- Dyandev Pachpute- Water Harvestingin 100 homes from – 62 Chougule- Avoid Water Wastage, resue water use water wisely- awareness programmes from Kolhapur, Lt. Col.
- Suresh Patil – Cleared silt of Khadakwalsa Dam from Pune, doubling the dam capacity thereby benefitting 30 lakh people